Most Energy Efficient
CO2 Recovery System
Carbon dioxide gas is generated in a brewery during the fermentation of the wort. The CO2 so generated is adequate to cater to the requirements of CO2 in a brewery. In order to be self-sufficient on CO2 supply, a brewery shall have a Most Energy Efficient (MEE) CO2 Recovery Plant by Hypro that comes with an indigenously developed technology and constant upgradation of features plant after plant. Special focus on energy saving has already lead to innovative solutions by Hypro. Apart from technology, we engineer the plant very well for ease of operation and minimum maintenance to our customers.
An array of Products
CO2 Recovery Plants for Brewery, Distillery & Winery
CO2 Revert Recovery System
Lean CO2 Gas Recovery System (95% CO2)
Eliminating the civil work on your site. Hypro launched a containerized solution for
Hypro CO2 Recovery Plants including piping are necessarily produced with Stainless Steel as a material of construction. The exception being the liquid CO2 storage tank which is made in low-temperature carbon steel. This provides the plant a long life and often eliminates rust and impurities from the corrosion of carbon steel piping. The absorbers, scrubbers, strippers, distillation columns are provided with high-efficiency structured packing as a standard.
CO2 Recovery Plant collects CO2 gas from the fermentation process. CO2 then passes through a series of purification processes and stored in a gas balloon. The gas washer removes the water solubles which is followed by the deodorizing process of CO2 Gas Compression. Further volume reduction is done in the liquefaction and stored in the CO2 Storage tanks.
- The guaranteed output quality of CO2 – 99.998 % v/v
- Special structured packing in Stainless Steel 304L material
- Odor treatment of CO2 to produce Food Grade CO2
- CO2 Condenser with an arrangement to vent the noncondensable from time to time
- CO2 Gas Compressor with special material for moist CO2 application
- Trouble-free operation
- Lower maintenance
- The attractive payback period on capital expenditure and is benefited in longer-term with the lowest operating cost
- Collection systems are sized for ultra-low pressure drops thereby reducing energy requirements
We would love to see you on social media!
Compare with similar products
Hypro HyCrCTM Plant
- Up to 120 kg/hr Liquid CO2 produced
- Recovers CO2 from Micro/Pub/Craft Breweries
- Ideal for small scale production
MEE CO2 Recovery System
- 120-1000 kg/hr Liquid CO2 produced
- Recovers CO2 from Breweries, Distilleries, and Wineries
- Ideal for large scale production
Supercritical CO2 Recovery Plant
- Up to 700 kg/hr CO2 produced
- Ideal for Supercritical Hops Extraction
- Ideal for large scale production
Frequently Asked Questions.
CO2 is required for the carbonation of the beer which is an essential step in beer brewing as it forms the beer bubbles.
An ideal way to achieve pure CO2 is to utilize carbon dioxide from your own source. CO2 is produced during fermentation in beer making. Why not recover the CO2 from your own brewery which guarantees perfect quality control – a benefit that no other source can offer.
Continuously changing climate conditions have a potential demand to alter traditional brewing practices that have been passed down to generations. CO2 Recovery is a necessary practice that should be implemented by not only Industrial breweries but also Microbreweries in order to reduce carbon emissions and thereby save mother earth.
The recommended CO2 pressure range is between 7 to 38 PSI depending upon the style of the beer such as Ales, Lagers, Pilsners, and Stouts, etc. An inaccurate pressure may result in under or over carbonation. This may have adverse effects like flat or overly foamy beer.